“Croupier” is the term for the…
This is the 7th tip in the “How to Play Roulette – 16 Spins to Win” eBook.
dealer or spinner in the game of roulette.
A roulette dealer’s job is not simply to spin the wheel and pay out bets, there is more to it than just that.
They must be cunning, look dashing, and have superior math and counting skills to boot.
Being a good communicator and feeling comfortable socializing with guests are also important to their job.
Properly spinning the ball, understanding exactly how the game works and using the rake to claim chips are also very important things for a roulette dealer to know how to do.
Here is a simplified version of the “Croupier’s” responsibilities:
- Announce when players can place their bets
- Ensure and unclear bet placements are properly verified and adjusted by the player
- Placing a bet on a players behalf, if the table is very crowded
- Spin the ball and wheel
- Announce “No more bets” at the appropriate time
- Marks the winning number and collect all losing bets
- Call the “mucker” to assist in chip collection and payouts.
- Remove the marker once all bets have been paid and then repeat the process
So as you can see it takes a very knowledgeable and skilled person to be a “Croupier.”
If you win big, don’t forget to tip your dealer either, they definitely appreciate it!
If you are interested in our Vegas Style Gambling Cruises that include Black jack, Roulette, and Let it Ride or simply want more information…
- Contact the Big “M” Casino on Myrtle Beach or call us (843) 249-9811