Now that you know the layout of the roulette table and the roulette wheel…
This is the 5th tip in the “How to Play Roulette – 16 Spins to Win” eBook.
it’s time to get to the FUN stuff, roulette betting.
The whole strategy to the game of roulette is about betting.
You can make many, many different bets, so you’re going to need to understand the terminology and what is involved with each wager that you make.
First things first, you will need to “Buy-In.”
Buying In – You are required to purchase special Roulette chips when you sit down to the Roulette table.
Unlike other game chips, Roulette chips have no value denomination printed on them.
The Roulette table usually has 6-8 sets of different colored chips, one for each player (to avoid disputes).
Roulette tables have a minimum and maximum bet.
You may not combine your inside and outside bets to equal the minimum. (For example, you can’t bet $3 inside and $2 outside, you have to bet $5 on each if that is the minimum).
After you Buy-in, the following are the types of bets you can make and the payouts you can expect:
Inside Bets – There are several inside bets that you can make. You can bet a number straight up or straddle the line between numbers to select a combination of numbers.
- Straight Up bet – is a wager on a single number. It pays 35 to 1.
- Split bet – is a wager on two numbers and it pays 17 to 1. You make this bet by placing your chip so it straddles the line between any two numbers.
- Street bet/Trio bet/Line bet – Pays 11 to 1. You make this bet by placing your chip on the vertical line separating the outside and inside betting areas. The chip straddles the first number in the row.
- Corner bet/Square bet/Quad bet – Pays 8 to 1. You make this bet by placing a chip so it is touching the four corners of the numbers you are betting.
- Basket bet/Five-Number bet – Pays 6 to 1. It is a bet that either the zero, double zero, 1, 2, or 3 will come up on the next roll. Make this bet by placing a chip on the outside line that divides the 0 and 1.
- Double Street bet – is a wager on six numbers and pays 5 to 1. You place your chip on the line separating the outside and inside area as you do for the street bet but let it also straddles the row above or below.
Outside Bets – The outside bets are any of the bets made in the boxes surrounding the numbers. If the winning number is 0 or 00 your bet will lose.
- Any Red or Black – In this case, you put your chip either on the black or red field on the outside. This covers all the black or red numbers on the field. It’s an even money bet. (1 to 1)
- Any Low or High Number Bet – Even money bet. This bet divides the field of numbers into two groups. The numbers from 1 to 18 (low)and from 19 to 36 (high). You bet on whether the next number that comes up is between 1 and 18 or 19 and 36.
- Any Odd or Even – Even money bet. Here, you bet if the next number that comes up is either even or odd. Same as the bet above, each field (odd or even) covers 18 numbers.
- Dozens bet – Payout is 2 to 1. These bets are made on the 12 consecutive numbers. You place your wager in the boxes marked 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36.
- Column bets are also 12 number bets. Instead of 12 consecutive numbers they consist of the numbers in one of the three vertical columns and are made in the boxes at the bottom of the layout. These bets pay 2 to 1 as well.
Now that you are a pro at roulette betting, you should get out there and have some fun!
- Contact the Big “M” Casino on Fort Myers Beach or call (239) 765-7529
- Contact the Big “M” Casino on Myrtle Beach or call us (843) 249-9811
You can also download our eBook How To Play Roulette – 16 Spins to Win for FREE at either link below: