Blackjack is a combination of…
This is the 11th tip in our series, “How to Play Blackjack: 21 Winning Tips.” If you would like to view these tips offline and at your leisure, just click for the Myrtle Beach location.
luck AND strategy.
That’s what makes it so popular!
Once you’ve gotten the hang of the basic fundamentals of the game, it’s time to work on your blackjack strategies.
Blackjack is one of the few games in which you are actively involved in determining your own fortune…or misfortune.
Basic Strategy – this is a mathematically proven formula indicating the best decision (hit, stand, double, split, or surrender) you can make in any situation.
Intermediate Strategy – Instructs you how to wager in a manner that could increase your winnings over the course of many hands.
Advanced Strategy – Enables you to take advantage of profitable situations by placing large wagers on hands your likely to win.
Here are a few popular strategies that are a good place to start when you begin trying to increase your odds:
- Hit on Card values up to 9 & Stand on card values of 17 or higher (as long as neither are an Ace)
More strategic plays:
- If card values are between 12-16, look at the dealer’s up-card.
- If it is a 6 or lower STAND, 7 or higher HIT.
- If you have a 10 or 11 and that’s higher than the dealer’s card then DOUBLE DOWN.
- If you have pairs of 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and the dealer’s up-card is a 6 or lower, then SPLITTING them up is the way you go.
- If you have a pairs of 8’s or 9’s then SPLIT them. It all depends of what the dealer’s card is.
- If the dealer’s up-card is 8 or less then SPLIT the 8 or 9.
- If the dealer’s up-card 9, just SPLIT the 9.
- If the dealer’s up-card 10, never split.
Want to see some of the blackjack strategies in action? Or, want to try some out for yourself? Come aboard the Big “M” Casino and test your skills!
“How to Play Blackjack – 21 Winning Tips” is also available as a free eBook at https://www.bigmcasino.com/ebooks
Ready to book your cruise!
For our Myrtle Beach location contact us or call us at (843) 249-9811.