As with many poker games, Let It Ride uses chips as currency.
When you’re asked to “ante up”, it’s important to know this currency so…
…you know how much you’re betting. Below are the standard amounts that are assigned to each chip color.
The five most common colors and their values are:
- White = $1
- Red = $5
- Blue = $10
- Green = $25
- Black = $100
Why are chips used in place of money?
Casinos use chips in place of money for several reasons:
- Chips are more convenient to use than currency
- Chips make theft and counterfeiting more difficult.
- Stacks of chips are easier to count when used on a table, compared to paper currency. Because chips have uniform size, regularity, and coloring patterns, everyone can easily and quickly see the bets. Also, the “Pit Boss” or security can quickly verify the amount being paid, reducing the chance that a dealer might incorrectly pay a customer.
- The uniform weight of the poker chips allows the casino to weigh large stacks or piles of chips rather than counting them. However, most casinos use counting aids such as chip trays for this purpose.
- Time to download our FREE eBook: How to Play Let It Ride, Cowboy! Learn more about the game that’s so easy to play.
- Make your reservation on the Fort Myers Casino Boat.
- Get ready to experience the scenic beauty of the Gulf of Mexico, while enjoying Vegas style casino action. Table games like Let It Ride, as well as your favorite slot machines, await you!